Online Professional Diploma Program (OPDP)
Indian Institute of Photography offers Accredited and Affordable ONLINE Photography Course that allows you to Learn Photography anytime, anywhere, at your own place. One year online diploma course will teach you everything you need to aspire for—from image composition and the potential of your DSLR camera, exposure triangle, to use lighting your way, creatively use aperture, ISO, shutter speed and photo editing techniques. Gradually you will be learning to expertise your specializations in the genres you want to expertise. At the end of the course you will be making a strong portfolio of yours to show the world.
No matter your skill level, we’ve got you covered! We understand that marketing is the key while it comes to sell your photographs; you will surprise that it is part of this curriculum.
Add-ons from IIP:
- A specially designed IIPian Dashboard to connect fellow IIPians spread over worldwide.
- We will let you participate in online and offline photography exhibitions, time to time.
- Regular update on photography contests that are organised in India and world over.
- How to earn: Knowledge on where and how to Sell your photographs
- Paid Photography tours from IIP mentors in various parts of India and specially curatedspecial destination overseas tours.
- Workshops on various subjects through LIVE or recorded events.
We have much more to offer that will be shared with you time to time. This course is an overview of the history of photography from its origins to the present day. It focuses on the development and history of photography as an art form and the impact this medium has had on both art and culture. It also emphasizes major photographers and their work.
Course Descriptions :
- History of Photography,
- Philosophy of Photography,
- Contemporary Photography
- Camera Formats
- Use of Photography
- Important Photographers (their life and Work)
- Photography journals, Magazines & Books (Life Magazine, Time Magazine, National Geographic )
Course Activities :
Output of the Course :
Discuss the development of photography from its scientific and technological perspectives, showing an understanding of such terms as daguerreotype, as well as other early photographic techniques.
Analyze photographs in the context of traditional thematic units, such as landscape or portraiture Relate photographs to social and historical events, issues and trends, such as linking Ansel Adams to environmental awareness in America and to the popularization of photography and the landscape print.
Discuss contemporary issues from social, historical, ethical and moral perspectives. Evaluate major photographers and their work, including the style of their work and their historical positions Understand and discuss the ways in which photography has influenced our views of the world Discuss the rising importance of photography in the art market Present examples of the crossover between art and photography today, and discuss the historical relationship between art and photography.
- Camera Controls and Creativity
- Understand Photographs
- Street Photography
- Night Long exposure photography
- Travel, Wildlife and Landscape Photography
- Documentary Photography (Optional)
- Lighting Techniques
- Portrait Photography
One-Year ONLINE Professional Diploma in Photography interactive Program (OPDP) comes in four trimesters. Based on proven track record and interactive learning through weekend online classes, one on one interactions, online reviews of work and tremendous support from faculties.
- In trimester 1, the students learn the fundamentals and potential of DSLR camera and improve their techniques of image making.
- Trimester 2 is an advanced stage where students learn about story telling, use of camera with strong technical skills, art to Finearts, projects and pro level learning. Practice and reviewing with critique and appreciation is the key.
- Trimester 3 and 4 are designed to make students aware of all the different specializations in photography. The students get extensive exposure of various photography streams like Nature, Wildlife, Fine art, Interior and architecture, Documentary, Studio, Fashion and Food photography etc. and choose their specialization. Apart from working on their portfolio with the help of the institute, students are provided with freelance projects on internships based on students’ portfolio; which then can be exhibited or be made into photo books.
Camera Controls and Creativity
Night Long exposure photography
Travel, Wildlife and Landscape Photography
Documentary Photography (Optional)
Presenting One year ONLINE Professional Diploma in Photography course for those who have always aspire to become a passionate cum professional photographer. The course is interactive, one on one with your mentor, phase by phase structured, with strong critique after every chapter. 80% Practical.
The very first of it's kind in Asia, this course is structured to give a new direction to your passion for Photography.
- Basics of photography.
- Foundation of Photography.
- Advanced Photography study and practice.
- Specialization in photography.
- Portfolio Making.
- Importance of a photograph
- Analysis of photograph
- Skype once in a month
- Movies/ Documentary screening
- Motivational speeches/ video of photographer
- Field exercise: Regular Museum visits, attending exhibitions, participating with NGOs whichever is possible
- Regular review and critique on each submitted assignment
- Study masters work
- Project assignments
- Specializations and Portfolio making
OPDP (Value, Vision and Reasoning)
Outcome of OPDP
The art of philosophy is developing, technology is changing fast and we are living in a transitional time; in which our thoughts, emotions and psychology are changing. To teach photography is not only about the camera, technical quiz or something, it is a true art form to express yourself. Photography is the most democratic and visually expressive field, so do as our new generation is. As IIPians, we always take responsibility to help our society through art development in field of education. We are not going to just teach you, but we are going to give you Vision of Expressionism. We are going to nurture your path of individuality, to prepare your profile for the industry and the art world. To get yourself ready for every problem or situation in art, aesthetic, camera techniques, editing, business and marketing, presentation and setting up your own purpose. This particular diploma program is set up in such an environment in which students and mentors will come on the same page of understanding art of photography. IIP Academy is defining the educational philosophy of photography through training by following points: -
- To Learn and Appreciate Visual Studies
- To Understand Visual Art
- To Give rightful judgement on Language of Photography, so you can understand how photography is seen
- Give you rigorous knowledge towards Framing, Composition, Colour, Camera Technicalities
- Connect with Highly Profound and Extraordinary Art Personalities from history by learning Famous Photographers and Their Work
- Explore Art Appreciation from History
- To See and Define Visual Aesthetic, Visual Literacy
- Understand how to read, write and review of a Photography
- Connect Photography with Social Context and teach how to implicate art of photography in real life
- Camera Structure and Digitalization of Photography
- To make you capable to use rules of Exposure and Exposure Triangulation
- To provide exclusive and inclusive result oriented practical and assignments so that artist can see the world through his photography
- To Teach Portrait, Still Life, Product, Street Photography
- To Impart Environmental Reading habits before go to shoot
- To Convey Fashion Photography, in which we concentrate on documentation, visual storytelling, art presentation of designers, designers work
- To Give opportunities to understand and explore the field of fashion industry by doing artistic documentation
- Each Student follows projects, assignments, research work
- In IIP, students are connected and observed by faculties in Macro and Micro Analytical Approach. So, students can connect with faculty and management in one – to – one communication